Raspberries are a luscious fruit with a short shelf life. Raspberry lovers, like us, enjoy them fresh and prepared in every way imaginable, such as in baked goods, salad dressings, as a glaze for meats, and in desserts, beverages, sauces, and preserves.
We like to share an easy and fast raspberry cake recipe which makes it a perfect treat for a summer afternoon.
140 g Self-raising flour
140 g Ground Almond
140 g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
250 g Raspberry
2 tbsp flaked almonds
Icing sugar to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 ℃ / 350 ℉ (160 ℃ / 320 ℉ for fan ovens).
- Grease 20 cm or 8″ springform baking tin.
- Blitz the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract in a food processor until well combined.
- Spread half the mix over the cake tin and smooth over the top.
- Scatter the raspberries over, then dollop the remaining cake mixture on top and roughly spread.
- Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 50 mins until golden.
- Cool, remove from the form and dust with icing sugar to serve.