On this Haarlem food journey, we present you with the colourful history of Holland through its food, from the trends and traditions to colonial influences and the iconic market.
Ready to explore and taste authentic Dutch delicacies in Amsterdam’s historic district of the Jordaan
- Explore Amsterdam and discover some of the best locally prepared culinary bites
- Join a local food guide and get a feel for the bustling neighbourhood of the Jordaan
- Eat, talk, share, chat and interact during this small-group experience
- Adult (12 and older)
- Youth (11 and younger)
Taste, explore and discover Amsterdam’s historic quarter Jordaan.
Sample a range of the best local delicacies available. Each tasting on this journey is served from locally-owned and operated specialty food stores and eateries. Hear about the gastronomic scene in Amsterdam and discover the city bite by bite.
Check out the itinerary below to see what you’ll get up to with your local expert
- Meetingpoint – Amsterdam Jordaan
- Locals Favorite – try the best prepared ‘Kibbeling’ fish in town
- A Must Try – A trip to Amsterdam is not complete without trying some liquorice
- So very Dutch – Discover the flavourful traditional cheese at this local vendor
- Surinamese Snack – Grab a bite of a delicious colonial Surinamese snack
- Cheers with a beer – Time to relax and cheers with a beer and ‘Bitterballen’
- Heavenly – Visit a Dutch pancake bakery for a sweet treat
- End of tour – with some stunning views over the Canals
Good to know
- small group experience with max. 6 guests
- great location for taking photographs